FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Toyota GT 86 Owners Club and BRZ Owners Club. The Toyota GT 86 Forums and BRZ forums are free to join and use - please sign up and say hello!

squealing brakes

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 111213
Author
Furnate View Drop Down
GT86 Senior
GT86 Senior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Furnate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2017 at 8:41am
My stoptech discs at the front seem to be doing a good job of keeping the squealing at bay. Rears are pretty quiet at the moment since I did a trackday at Blyton Park. Not found a better way to quiet them sadly.
Rich
Sponsored Links

Z3D View Drop Down
GT86 Newbie
GT86 Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Z3D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2017 at 7:22pm
The squeal is doing my head in now, have it booked I'm at the stealers this weekend, is it worth pushing for replacement pads under warranty?

Thanks in advance guys
Cenedd View Drop Down
GT86 Senior
GT86 Senior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cenedd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2017 at 7:34pm
The way I looked at it, it was a free set of brake pads. The only thing is that they'll only change the fronts under warranty as they don't recognise the rears as faulty...even though they squeal at least as much. Still, a free set of pads is basically halving your bill and you can change the rears separately after the fronts bed in.
Z3D View Drop Down
GT86 Newbie
GT86 Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Z3D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2017 at 8:42pm
Cheers Cenedd

Did you have to put up much of a fight?
Cenedd View Drop Down
GT86 Senior
GT86 Senior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cenedd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2017 at 10:15pm
No, it's a known fault. There's a TSB (Toyota Service Bulletin) issued so you just book it in and they replace them. Fronts only though...unless they've recently recruited some warranty adjudicators with ears!
Z3D View Drop Down
GT86 Newbie
GT86 Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Z3D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2017 at 8:21pm
So had a call today from the dealer, apparently they won't change the pads without inspection. They have not been made aware of the TSB.

They also said they would not change them on the day as they don't have the pads in stock. Will confirm the parts dept in the morning.

Any advice would be much appreciated
Galaxian View Drop Down
GT86 Senior
GT86 Senior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Galaxian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2017 at 10:00pm
Fact... there is a tsb
Fact... I've had mine done as have many others
Fact... it reduces the squeal, doesn't eliminate it

Yes they will need to order them in but it's a free mod. Want a permanent fix? Cosworth streetmaster pads, I have them, brilliant !
Grey GT86, MT, Alcantara, SatNav, reversing sensors, HKS filter and uel manifold, avo overpipe , Berk HFC, Miltek res exhaust, Perrin intake, Fensport ECUTek tune
Kaviar View Drop Down
GT86 Groupie
GT86 Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kaviar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2017 at 7:33am
Call Toyota UK. They are fantastic :) I'm sure they can poke your dealer to get things moving.
Sparkles2490 View Drop Down
GT86 Newbie
GT86 Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sparkles2490 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2017 at 12:51pm
Ive got EBC Yellowstuff pads fitted, best thing i ever did to stop the squeal.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 111213
  Share Topic