FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Toyota GT 86 Owners Club and BRZ Owners Club. The Toyota GT 86 Forums and BRZ forums are free to join and use - please sign up and say hello!

RUSTY QUARTERLIGHT PILLARS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
Mike View Drop Down
GT86 Groupie
GT86 Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2017 at 1:10pm
Originally posted by Mark E Mark Mark E Mark wrote:

Purchased a Toyota because of their record on reliability​. This is a shocking fault on their ONLY 'sporty' car. I hope the replacement is of an improved quality, rather than the original substandard part.

A bit of rust on a non-important part of the car is hardly a shocking fault. The parts shouldn't really move so you wouldn't expect the part along the door to cut into the pillar like it does. When it's fixed under warranty (and on newer cars) it is different and more raised around the pillar so the sharp edge isn't touching the pillar square on.
Sponsored Links

Mark E Mark View Drop Down
GT86 Newbie
GT86 Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark E Mark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2017 at 2:26pm
Good to hear. Yes, I know it's a BRZ with Toyota tweaks, but Auburn quality should be quite good, and hopefully better with Toyota's input...Well here's hoping
Mark E Mark View Drop Down
GT86 Newbie
GT86 Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark E Mark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2017 at 2:31pm
Auburn!!!! Should read subaru
Nasher View Drop Down
GT86 Groupie
GT86 Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nasher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2017 at 12:25pm
I have this on mine, just checked.

The trim has cut right through the plastic coating over time and it's just started to rust :/

Not sure what can be done. Maybe cut some of the trim away and rust treat, then seal it with something?
growlerkat View Drop Down
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote growlerkat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2017 at 12:28pm
Or phone your Dealer up & get it done under warranty?
ScooBri View Drop Down
GT86 Newbie
GT86 Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScooBri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2017 at 10:55am
Just spotted this problem on mine about a month ago.
Took it into Lindop Toyota in Wrexham for them to take pics.
Chased them up today as I'd not heard anything and they'll replace under warranty.
Pleasant surprise, thought I'd have to squabble at least a little bit.
Earlier posts seem to suggest that the new parts sort the problem out.
2013 GT86
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
  Share Topic