FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Toyota GT 86 Owners Club and BRZ Owners Club. The Toyota GT 86 Forums and BRZ forums are free to join and use - please sign up and say hello!

Rear Spoiler

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
steviep351 View Drop Down
GT86 Groupie
GT86 Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steviep351 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rear Spoiler
    Posted: 13 Jun 2018 at 10:47am
I'm in the process of having a Sard spoiler ( just waiting on delivery ) and once fitted does anyone know of a way i could fix it so it can't be tampered with or removed ( stolen ) etc  ?

regards 
Stevie 

Sponsored Links

Dave86 View Drop Down
GT86 Newbie
GT86 Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2018 at 11:22am
When parked run a cable from the mains electrical supply to the spoiler. Should keep them off it.
Will300 View Drop Down
GT86 Senior
GT86 Senior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Will300 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2018 at 2:36pm
Do you mean the wing itself or the the wing & the mounts? 
Samwise View Drop Down
GT86 Groupie
GT86 Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Samwise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2018 at 4:56pm
I'd say its impossible. No one is going to fiddle with your wing for a laugh any if someone wants to steal it, they'll yank it off no matter what damage it causes to your car.

Same goes for Wheels with Locking nuts, they won't stop a determined thief.

So all in all I wouldn't worry, just fit it and be done with it.
Subaru WRX JDM Import
Vauxhall VX220 Turbo
Toyota GT86
NerysGT View Drop Down
GT86 Senior
GT86 Senior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NerysGT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2018 at 4:58pm
My dad did that to my VW badge on my first car... a '72 beetle, when the beastie boys fans kept nicking them in the late '80s... they took it twice, 3rd time they got shocked... never lost another one after that.
amcluesent View Drop Down
GT86 Expert
GT86 Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amcluesent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2018 at 8:21pm
Doubt it. I heard Aero owners suffer chavs trying to pull off wing
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic