FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Toyota GT 86 Owners Club and BRZ Owners Club. The Toyota GT 86 Forums and BRZ forums are free to join and use - please sign up and say hello!

Project BRZ

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
MattGT View Drop Down
GT86 Expert
GT86 Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattGT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2018 at 4:07pm
The airbag gets ditched Keith, I don't known if the airbag light would come on?

Also what about the cruise control stalker?

Sponsored Links

Mines View Drop Down
GT86 Newbie
GT86 Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mines Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2018 at 7:51pm
I'm losing the Airbag and the Cruise control. In the case of the Cruise control is something I have never used in this car. The airbag is more important is this case for safety, in the track days I'm wearing helmet and in the daily drive I'm not going really fast so nothing should happen.

About the airbag light can be turned of with a resistor connected to the airbag connector.
Instagram @javisprieto
IrishRob View Drop Down
GT86 Senior
GT86 Senior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IrishRob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2018 at 8:02pm
This looks lovely, be interested ito hear whether the steering wheel changes the feel of the car. It should do seen as its one of the main interfaces for the driver.
Canary Wundaboy View Drop Down
GT86 Senior
GT86 Senior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canary Wundaboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2018 at 8:51pm
I wouldn't want to lose the cruise control but there are options to preserve it.
2013 Pearl White '86 - Valenti tail/bumper lights, Summit strut braces, Tein Flex Z Coilovers, Rota Grids, Perrin Intake & hoses, Stoptech BBK, Tomei UEL, TD resonated catback & Fensport remap
Mines View Drop Down
GT86 Newbie
GT86 Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mines Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2018 at 9:58am
Well, I had time at the end to installed, the first feeling is that is tiny, it's smaller than the OEM (330cm) but also is thinner. Driving with it the feeling is much better, more hard, more confidence, it helps a lot to feel secure and to keep the two hands in the steering wheel.

The only negative thing I see is if I can choose again I should take the flat model, I had to configure in the farthest  position that I can so for a bigger person maybe is not enough.

Instagram @javisprieto
Sammca View Drop Down
GT86 Newbie
GT86 Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sammca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2018 at 2:15pm
Looks really nice, I'd do the same if I could convince myself to lose my airbag. Thumbs Up
IrishRob View Drop Down
GT86 Senior
GT86 Senior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IrishRob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2018 at 1:20am
Originally posted by Sammca Sammca wrote:

Looks really nice, I'd do the same if I could convince myself to lose my airbag. Thumbs Up

I think id prefer to be without the airbag.
Dan82 View Drop Down
GT86 Senior
GT86 Senior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2018 at 2:15am
Looks nice, although the safety for me is a big aspect.
After loosing my 2 front teeth on a wheel of this design, never again!
On the bright side, I don't have the gap between my front teeth that I always hated, now i have dental implants.
Mines View Drop Down
GT86 Newbie
GT86 Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mines Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2018 at 9:37pm
Originally posted by Dan82 Dan82 wrote:

Looks nice, although the safety for me is a big aspect.
After loosing my 2 front teeth on a wheel of this design, never again!
On the bright side, I don't have the gap between my front teeth that I always hated, now i have dental implants.

hahahaha, perfect excuse for new and white teeth
Instagram @javisprieto
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic