FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Toyota GT 86 Owners Club and BRZ Owners Club. The Toyota GT 86 Forums and BRZ forums are free to join and use - please sign up and say hello!

Marks Mods

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2526272829>
Author
mark-in-stoke View Drop Down
GT86 Expert
GT86 Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mark-in-stoke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2017 at 9:10am
Well I finally got around to tinkering with the old bumper, trd front end and fiberglass. At the moment it's off having a grill made for it.
Sponsored Links

Kesler View Drop Down
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Toyota GB Community Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kesler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2017 at 11:32am
Looking good mate, can't wait to see it all done!
GT86 Expert
GT86 Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mark-in-stoke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2017 at 6:26pm
Me too buddy, happy now I've cut the bits off the kit I never liked.
GT86 Expert
GT86 Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mark-in-stoke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2018 at 4:23pm

This arrived today, it's a water filter, basically it appealed to the "lazy arse" in me as it means I won't have to dry the car off after washing it, I'll be using the filter to just rinse the car off and with my water hardness should be good for a fair few years of washing.

86_Minty View Drop Down
GT86 Groupie
GT86 Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 86_Minty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2018 at 5:29pm
Make sure you keep it indoors whilst the weather is currently liable to frost/freezing as it shall destroy the resin material and you won't get much life out of it.

I keep mine outside but refresh my resin every March which generally lasts me until June for another resin refresh then leave it again until March as the washes don't need to be perfect in winter (if I ever actually carry one out).
GT86 Expert
GT86 Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mark-in-stoke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2018 at 5:34pm
Wow I take it you have very hard water or use it for the wash too. Cheers for the heads up mate
GT86 Expert
GT86 Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mark-in-stoke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2018 at 5:49pm
Well today for the first time  I used the water filter (in the above post) and cleaned the conservatory windows and also the car, Wow it's bloody brilliant! no water marks apart from one or two which were soap residue due to me rushing and missing a bit, the car though came out brilliant, I took it to a friend who's a detailer for him to inspect (as he's got a keen eye) and even he was surprised how good it came out, so much so he's now planning on getting a bigger version for his business. I don't know if it was the lighting today or placebo effect but it did appear to add an additional layer of shine. 

All in all extremely happy
GT86 Expert
GT86 Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mark-in-stoke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2018 at 5:54pm
Oh I forgot to add another little item that was installed just before Christmas it's a DAB Module
Cenedd View Drop Down
GT86 Senior
GT86 Senior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cenedd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2018 at 6:06pm
Well it beats taking out the headlining to change the bee sting that's for sure!
GT86 Expert
GT86 Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mark-in-stoke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2018 at 6:30pm
D'oh that's also on the cards mate, it's got good reception now but a good ariel will make it way better and will pick up quite a few more channels. My ariel is rated 3 star.

info on dab ariels
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2526272829>
  Share Topic