FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Toyota GT 86 Owners Club and BRZ Owners Club. The Toyota GT 86 Forums and BRZ forums are free to join and use - please sign up and say hello!

Levi's Pearl White 86

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6789>
Author
Levidane View Drop Down
GT86 Groupie
GT86 Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Levidane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2018 at 4:22pm
Originally posted by MattGT MattGT wrote:

Its been a while since I wired mine up but i believe they need a 12v switched supply.

Its worth taping or heat shrinking the phono connector just incase it comes apart when you put it all back together. Saves the ball ache of taking the stereo back out.

Interesting approach to the sound deadening. The boot seems like a waste of time to me, the rear seats do a great job of stopping the noise coming through, its the rear quarters where all the noise comes from/ travels through. I did the rear quarters and isolated them from the boot and the difference was huge. 

I managed to figure it out. The hole for the camera is too small though so I need to sort that. Thanks for your help though. I found the back made a lot of difference and made the exhaust quieter. Although I haven't isolated the rear quarters but I might do it.
Pearl White GT86
Instagram: DaneBenj
Sponsored Links

Levidane View Drop Down
GT86 Groupie
GT86 Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Levidane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2018 at 12:41pm
I'm not really happy with the reverse camera. The angle is rubbish and there is no way to make it any better. You cannot get enough angle on it so you can see half the car in the camera and only a small amount of road. It is enough so I won't reverse into anything. But only when it's a foot or two away
Pearl White GT86
mark-in-stoke View Drop Down
GT86 Expert
GT86 Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mark-in-stoke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2018 at 3:51pm
Reverse up to a garage/wall have a look at your screen , get out of the car and go and have a look if any bit's aren't on the screen . Keep doing this until you know your angles.
Levidane View Drop Down
GT86 Groupie
GT86 Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Levidane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2018 at 4:02pm
Originally posted by mark-in-stoke mark-in-stoke wrote:

Reverse up to a garage/wall have a look at your screen , get out of the car and go and have a look if any bit's aren't on the screen . Keep doing this until you know your angles.

I know my angles and it is manageable, however the camera angle itself is not very good. The lines on the camera are mostly showing on the number plate and there's no way to make the camera face backwards anymore. I'll get some pictures later
Pearl White GT86
Levidane View Drop Down
GT86 Groupie
GT86 Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Levidane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2018 at 10:45am

This is a bit of a stretch but is anyone available this weekend to help me fit my rear TRD bumper? You will need the tools to be able to cut the bumper (I dont have this).

Pearl White GT86
Levidane View Drop Down
GT86 Groupie
GT86 Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Levidane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2018 at 12:55pm
Installed my TRD kit from Japan. I was most scared about cutting my bumper.

And now the finished result!

I'm going to get some quad tips attached to my exhaust next. 

Then i need to get some wheels to complete the look! 
Pearl White GT86
Levidane View Drop Down
GT86 Groupie
GT86 Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Levidane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2018 at 7:46pm
On Saturday morning i took a trip to Fastline Styling in Romford to get dual tips put on my Miltek exhaust to match the TRD bumper. I could not be happier it looks amazing!

Pearl White GT86
Levidane View Drop Down
GT86 Groupie
GT86 Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Levidane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2018 at 7:57pm
Went for a drive today with a good friend. His car is completely stock Aero. We found a private and closed road to do a few pulls on to compare the difference a header/exhaust and a tune makes. We even swapped cars and same results. Watch the video i uploaded

Also some pictures from the day 

Pearl White GT86
Vin View Drop Down
GT86 Groupie
GT86 Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2018 at 8:10am
Love the combination of aero and trd, and yes that tune and header makes all the difference
Kesler View Drop Down
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Toyota GB Community Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kesler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2018 at 6:00pm
The cars look good parked together! Good job with the bumper and exhaust!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6789>
  Share Topic