FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Toyota GT 86 Owners Club and BRZ Owners Club. The Toyota GT 86 Forums and BRZ forums are free to join and use - please sign up and say hello!

Kesler's Pearl White 86

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 112113114115116>
Author
Kesler View Drop Down
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Toyota GB Community Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kesler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2018 at 12:18pm
Originally posted by MattGT MattGT wrote:

I always enjoy your updates Andy! That S15 is gorgeous, very tastefully done. What was it like driving the GT86 after that?

Thanks for the kind words mate! I know right, the S15 was an absolute beast, the turbo, the wastegate flutter, the flat cornering, the power on boost is just incredible, The GT86 handles very much the same as the S-chassis platform, it's very intuitive and gives you confidence in handling.

While it's very fast and handles exceptionally well (the setup on this car is geared for Track/Time Attack), I find it comforting in the GT86. The S15 was angry, all of the time, and my 86 is only angry when I make it angry, and I have heated seats, cruise control, music, digital dash, etc. 

As much as I loved driving the S15, the GT86 is a worthy contender terms of handling and overall driving experience - still making me use my muscles for smiling!

But is the new Supra enough for me to sell my 86?
Sponsored Links

Subota Boy View Drop Down
GT86 Expert
GT86 Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Subota Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2018 at 1:40pm
Great update Andy.  The S15 looked lovely.  I think you have the perfect job, but then I am only seeing the good stuff at the end of the hard work.  
Some exciting times for Toyota at the moment with the 2 litre hybrid coming (I want for our C-HR), and the new Auris is a fine looking motor I think! Oh, and the Supra!
Toyotas C-HR, IQ, and black GT86 modified with Cosworth exhaust, brakes, supercharger and map, Eibach Pro springs, OZ alloys, fast road geo, various cosmetics inc TRD spoiler and Valenti rear lights.
Canary Wundaboy View Drop Down
GT86 Senior
GT86 Senior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canary Wundaboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2018 at 4:57pm
The S15 makes me jealous.
The '86 still looks great.
The new Supra....*drool*....
2013 White '86 - Valenti tail/bumper lights, Summit strut braces, Tein Flex Z Coilovers, Rota Grids, Perrin CIA & hoses, Stoptech BBK, Tomei UEL, TD res catback & Fensport remap, Buddy Club Wing
Kesler View Drop Down
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kesler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2018 at 11:58am
Originally posted by Subota Boy Subota Boy wrote:

Great update Andy.  The S15 looked lovely.  I think you have the perfect job, but then I am only seeing the good stuff at the end of the hard work.  
Some exciting times for Toyota at the moment with the 2 litre hybrid coming (I want for our C-HR), and the new Auris is a fine looking motor I think! Oh, and the Supra!

Thanks for your kind words, Keith! The S15 looked and drives fantastically - just a tad thirsty at times!

Work has been really kind to me and I'm humbled by the experiences I've had in such a short time, hopefully later in this year we'll will see an event back at HQ again - just how we did it last time!

The 2-litre hybrid is a welcome addition to the family and I hope that's the one that will give us a lot more enjoyment in the range. While it's only for the Auris - that's only temporary - we'll look to get that rolled out soon!

And I'm super proud of our Supra! Heart
Kesler View Drop Down
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kesler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2018 at 12:05pm
Originally posted by Canary Wundaboy Canary Wundaboy wrote:

The S15 makes me jealous.
The '86 still looks great.
The new Supra....*drool*....

Thanks mate Smile hopefully some more cars coming in sooooooon
Kesler View Drop Down
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kesler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2018 at 11:52pm
It's been a quiet spell over here, barely driven the 86 because of work and home stuff, but decided to re-spruce up the sprucing up of the wheels (again) so it lived at Dream for a bit on axle stands, and with this I took the opportunity to paint the brakes again as exciting times lay ahead for the 86.

While I won't be at Fast Show this weekend, I'll be at JapFest next weekend and staying round the Milton Keynes area - if anyone's about for a pre-event meet up, just let me know :)

Kesler View Drop Down
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kesler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2018 at 3:16pm
I was recently invited to Silverstone for the Passione Ferrari event with hospitality, this was the weekend before JapFest. Sadly the weather wasn't as good as JapFest - it was cold and windy (typical Silverstone weather!), but the lineup of cars was nice!

The GT86 was parked outside as clearly it wouldn't fit in LOL Passes obtained, I went in to meet up with my friends to have a look at some more Italian motors and grabbed food.

Edited by Kesler - 11 May 2018 at 4:28pm
Kesler View Drop Down
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kesler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2018 at 4:22pm
So JapFest, a beautifully sunny weekend to have the UK's largest Japanese car event - it certainly didn't disappoint! 

Friday - nip over to get the cars all cleaned up:

On Saturday, I left the GT86 at the hotel and took the DC5 out to get a few photos before driving into the Silverstone Circuit to set up the trade stand ready for Sunday.

Before you ask - I left the numberplate on the dashboard facing down in an attempt to have the blisteringly hot sunshine on Saturday melt the plate back flat again LOLLOLLOL

I also parked the GT86 considerately Smile Until some inconsiderate BMW driver parked up close to it... 

After all the health and safety, risk assessments, trade area walk, mapping, plotting, car placements and trade stand set up, we went for Nando's before going back to the hotel to sleep. Also moved the cars so even though they're not quite parked, they're safe - literally this is the window outside my hotel room door:

Kesler View Drop Down
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kesler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2018 at 4:42pm
Sunday - JapFest day. And what a morning!

Surrounded by Supras, I was in for a treat - and we were just queueing up to get in!

Kesler View Drop Down
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kesler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2018 at 4:54pm
Spending most of the day at the trade stand, it was great to see some new and familiar face at the shop! I managed to get away to take some photos - here are some via the phone:

Chilling at the trade stand: 

Baller car, the old-school Celica GT:

And some more old-school retro Toyotas:

Tofu, anyone?

And we mustn't forget the Supra! 

Quick photo with YouTuber Jamie FYD:

And our clubs!

Edited by Kesler - 11 May 2018 at 11:21pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 112113114115116>
  Share Topic