FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Toyota GT 86 Owners Club and BRZ Owners Club. The Toyota GT 86 Forums and BRZ forums are free to join and use - please sign up and say hello!

Kesler's Pearl White 86

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 979899100101 109>
Author
scoates View Drop Down
GT86 Groupie
GT86 Groupie
"Zippy"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scoates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 8:12pm
Originally posted by Kesler Kesler wrote:

That is amazing, I'm jealous!! How come you're only there for a year?

Oh are they still fixing up that area? Once we came down from the newly laid tarmac we stopped for ages as they were laying the road - that might have been just before Fort Augustus! I dream of going back there again to drive the roads!

And thank you! I didn't realise until I opened up Facebook and saw it. Just wished my car was clean in that photo!

That's all my work contract is for. They might keep me on but no obligation to. Yeah they are still fixing the bit right at the bottom of the road at Fort Augustus but the rest is clear! I'm hoping to go back in the next few weeks if there is a dry weekend Smile
Red 2015 GT86
Sponsored Links

Kesler View Drop Down
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Toyota GB Social Media Community Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kesler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2017 at 10:54pm
Originally posted by scoates scoates wrote:

Originally posted by Kesler Kesler wrote:

That is amazing, I'm jealous!! How come you're only there for a year?

Oh are they still fixing up that area? Once we came down from the newly laid tarmac we stopped for ages as they were laying the road - that might have been just before Fort Augustus! I dream of going back there again to drive the roads!

And thank you! I didn't realise until I opened up Facebook and saw it. Just wished my car was clean in that photo!

That's all my work contract is for. They might keep me on but no obligation to. Yeah they are still fixing the bit right at the bottom of the road at Fort Augustus but the rest is clear! I'm hoping to go back in the next few weeks if there is a dry weekend Smile

Ah I see! I can't wait to go back, even if I fly up there and rent a car I'd totally do it again!
Kesler View Drop Down
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kesler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2017 at 4:19pm
So battling with some very tough events recently, it's not gone well with my depressed feelings, and it looked like things were looking up, until...

Devastated is an understatement: Parked up in the car park, a white van swiped it. Luckily the driver contacted me and gave me all the details for an insurance claim. I know it doesn't look like much damage but the 86 was everything I worked so damn hard to achieve so it's depressing to see this.

The 86 was an understudy for one of the wedding cars for my friends, but I had to find another way to make it happen for them! With some other news coming up as well, I decided to hand in my notice at work, so all in all - not a happy Andy :(
growlerkat View Drop Down
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote growlerkat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2017 at 4:29pm
That's a really crap thing to happen to your car,consolation is at least you have the insurance route to go down. Hope everything gets sorted out for you.
Tony H View Drop Down
GT86 Senior
GT86 Senior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2017 at 4:31pm
Absolute sickener. You'd expect a professional van driver to know his vehicle better than that.
em177 View Drop Down
GT86 Newbie
GT86 Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote em177 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2017 at 4:33pm
Sucks man, at least it's superficial by the looks of things.

I was diagnosed with depression & anxiety a month ago so you're not alone. It's not fun but hopefully you'll get a bit of reassurance from the fact you're not alone.
Gavin_T View Drop Down
GT86 Senior
GT86 Senior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gavin_T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2017 at 12:30pm
Cry Sad to see but at least he was honest and came forward.

should be an easy repair. Just pick out a good bodyshop so the paint is matched well. Smile

I am off on my NC500 trip on Friday so re-read your blog for some tips. Monoco trip looked amazing too!
Kesler View Drop Down
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kesler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2017 at 9:37pm
Originally posted by growlerkat growlerkat wrote:

That's a really crap thing to happen to your car,consolation is at least you have the insurance route to go down. Hope everything gets sorted out for you.

Thanks Kat, the insurance route has been quite a nightmare too - not from the insurers themselves (AIB have been excellent bring the middle men/brokers) but the claims handlers not playing ball - thankfully it's now being repaired.
Kesler View Drop Down
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kesler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2017 at 9:38pm
Originally posted by Tony H Tony H wrote:

Absolute sickener. You'd expect a professional van driver to know his vehicle better than that.

I KNOW RIGHT!!
Kesler View Drop Down
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kesler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2017 at 9:39pm
Originally posted by em177 em177 wrote:

Sucks man, at least it's superficial by the looks of things.

I was diagnosed with depression & anxiety a month ago so you're not alone. It's not fun but hopefully you'll get a bit of reassurance from the fact you're not alone.

On initial assessment it's superficial but of course the coach builders are going to check properly and ensure everything is intact and correctly positioned. 

Thank you for the kind words, it's nice to know there is support out there.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 979899100101 109>
  Share Topic