FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Toyota GT 86 Owners Club and BRZ Owners Club. The Toyota GT 86 Forums and BRZ forums are free to join and use - please sign up and say hello!

Hostile towards the GT86?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
alex_brewster View Drop Down
GT86 Newbie
GT86 Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alex_brewster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 2:44pm
I'm also fairly new to ownership of a GT86, and fairly young (30, but still get asked for ID LOL)   Having DD'd the car for a few weeks it definitely attracts more positive and negative attention than the Astra (!) and a fair few more tailgaters, but nothing like you describe.  I do tend to drive very conservatively in rush hours, and stick to ~65 on the M / A roads to avoid the german rep brigade...
Sponsored Links

zonefx View Drop Down
GT86 Newbie
GT86 Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zonefx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 3:02pm
For a positive vibe, just use any petrol station in the Greater Manchester area. (I do advise not getting out of the car in some parts though! Wink) Generally I only get positives!  Perhaps it's just my boyish good looks!
Dave
----------
Red - 2013
anixie View Drop Down
GT86 Groupie
GT86 Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 4:32pm
But then again we do tend to show up quite often at gas stations......
Subota Boy View Drop Down
GT86 Expert
GT86 Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Subota Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 5:54pm
Originally posted by BRZ BRZ wrote:

Originally posted by Subota Boy Subota Boy wrote:

Hello Sammy.

£30 bought me a rear facing dash cam to add to the front one.  A great investment I feel and nobody tailgates me anymore.
Hi Subota boy,
Which one is it - Nextbase? and how does it fit? i.e. rear glass or looks back from front rear view mirror? and if rear glass, how do you wire it in? Lots of questions but will benefit us Smile
Cheers

Hello Mate

Nextbase 112 (currently £49 in Halfords).  Simple dashcam but just right for rear facing.  Attaches to rear glass in top corner, although you have to twist the mount round because the screen angle is steep.  The camera faces slightly towards the sky but is wide angle enough to give a good view of what is behind.  I ran the cable to the centre armrest cigar lighter.  Camera on passenger side top corner of picture.

Edited by Subota Boy - 13 Feb 2018 at 6:03pm
Toyotas C-HR, IQ, and black GT86 modified with Cosworth exhaust, brakes, supercharger and map, Eibach Pro springs, OZ alloys, fast road geo, various cosmetics inc TRD spoiler and Valenti rear lights.
BenMMellor View Drop Down
GT86 Groupie
GT86 Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BenMMellor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 7:10pm
Re Dash cams.

I have a Viofo WR1 just behind the rear view mirror - small screen less 'puck' shape. Decent recording image.

Just bought a cheap Aukey small one on an Amazon deal to use in the back.

At some point I'll hardwire them both for some protection when parked up.
Loisaida View Drop Down
GT86 Groupie
GT86 Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Loisaida Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 7:42pm
That definitely sounds like green eyed monster behaviour. Jealous of your youth, good taste in car and good road sense. People don't expect me to stick to speed limits. Disappointment is a bitch i want to keep my licence thanks. Good luck to you! Dash cam is an excellent plan.
Nelix View Drop Down
GT86 Groupie
GT86 Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nelix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 7:56pm
Get it occassionally, laugh it off.

Subota Boy View Drop Down
GT86 Expert
GT86 Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Subota Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 8:24pm
I have also noticed that the rear cam picks up the exhaust sound beautifully.  

So, 1) it's evidence if someone hits you from behind 2) it's a visible deterrent against tailgating ( it's more visible in reality than in the photo) and 3) see above.

Maybe I have the order wrong.

Toyotas C-HR, IQ, and black GT86 modified with Cosworth exhaust, brakes, supercharger and map, Eibach Pro springs, OZ alloys, fast road geo, various cosmetics inc TRD spoiler and Valenti rear lights.
Gray View Drop Down
GT86 Groupie
GT86 Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 9:24pm
When I first got the 86 and there were less about I found it a treat to drive, never had people been so courteous to me. Let out at junctions, onto rounabouts and so on which didn't normally happen driving other cars.

Now that more are about I am not sure that still happens but can't say I have that many bad incidents. At the end of the day it's a sporty looking car so you are always going to get idots and boy racers having a go. Just ignore them and enjoy your car.
Mature chap with a red GT86 - Never too old to have fun.
EB2429 View Drop Down
GT86 Groupie
GT86 Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EB2429 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 10:08pm
Same thread on the Golf, BMW and Porsche forums, I think any car you're in you'll notice people being a bit weird to you at some point and think its car related. ppl are just weird when they get in the little metal box with wheels...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
  Share Topic