FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Toyota GT 86 Owners Club and BRZ Owners Club. The Toyota GT 86 Forums and BRZ forums are free to join and use - please sign up and say hello!

Hi, New owner

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Mart86 View Drop Down
GT86 Newbie
GT86 Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mart86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hi, New owner
    Posted: 10 Apr 2018 at 10:42pm
Thought I'd pop in and say hi. Been wanting one for ages but had a baby on the way and decided to be sensible and get a civic estate . Six months into babyship I decided I'd do something a bit more sensible and follow my heart . Only went for a look at some cars and went to see a 17 plate orange edition. Had a good look around, went for a test drive and stuck a deposit down . Had it a month now, what a car. It's got it's faults but never fails to put a smile on my face. Already had it detailed and ceramic coated. Amazing how many scratches a dealer can put in a car less than a year old and under 2k miles. Looks amazing now though. Got some non performance mods lined up already like a reverse camera as rear view is poor. And also a small amp and the set of focals widely recommended on here. The audio really is the biggest let down of the car.
Sponsored Links

Red Duke View Drop Down
GT86 Newbie
GT86 Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Duke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2018 at 1:23am
WTTC.

Had mine about 2 months now, got the same parts to go on soon Fensport rear view camera, Focal speaker kit, amongst a 'few' other mods...

At 6'3 my car is really now a two seater, but most of the time it is me going to work, or going out with my wife. We don't generally have passengers! Couple of friends that have kids but then we just meet them or take 2 cars. Haha

I saw an orange 86 on the M25 near J24 tonight actually! Very nice colour.
Luke View Drop Down
GT86 Newbie
GT86 Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2018 at 6:30am
Welcome aboard. Providing you don’t need to take four people everywhere and you can afford the fuel consumption then the 86 is actually fairly practical. Mine has survived many supermarket trips and even a b and q trip.
Good idea with the reversing camera but I will say you get used to judging it as time goes on.
Also just swapping the head unit will give a significant improvement to the audio department. Post up a pic of it if you can?
BRZ View Drop Down
GT86 Groupie
GT86 Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BRZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2018 at 6:54am
Welcome! I think you are the second one on the forum with the Orange edition. It's a pretty rare Colour. Happy twin spotting and waving.
growlerkat View Drop Down
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote growlerkat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2018 at 8:12am
Welcome to the club! Good thing these come with Isofix
Sammca View Drop Down
GT86 Newbie
GT86 Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sammca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2018 at 2:30pm
welcome.

I have 2 kids in the back of mine regularly, and at 6'1 it can be a squeeze, but until their legs start hanging down you are pretty safe. My 4yr old will often just sit cross legged. The longer journeys are done in the wife's qashquai, make sure your partner has a practical car!
Mikey P View Drop Down
GT86 Groupie
GT86 Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikey P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2018 at 4:14pm
Yeah mine is getting pretty tight for rear space for my kids in back now. My son who is 6 sits behind me but has to put his feet under my seat (highest setting). Should be ok as a 3 seater though as can have passenger seat fairly far forward.
Mart86 View Drop Down
GT86 Newbie
GT86 Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mart86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2018 at 6:13am
Thanks all!

I'm only 5'8" and space behind myself is really limited so there can't be any space at all if you're taller. First thing I had to do was go and get a new car seat as the one we had was too big and left no room in passenger seat. Partner will be getting a new car soon anyway when she goes back to work. She wasn't keen at first but she's driven it a few times now and really likes it. It is a bit tight but it works and is surprisingly practical for the type of car.

I didn't get the fensport kit. Got one of those licence plate cameras. Not sure how it's going to look but for £10 was worth the risk.

I thought about just changing the head unit but even then it's not going to drive the speakers properly. So thought I'd get an amp first with the speakers. If still not happy can upgrade later.

Just waiting on a couple of harnesses for the camera and amp and a load of silent coat for the doors and rear arches etc. Then I'll get it all done in one go.

Ill try get some pics up this weekend if weather holds up. Looking a bit filthy again already but told not to wash it for 10 days to let ceramic coat cure completely.
Subota Boy View Drop Down
GT86 Expert
GT86 Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Subota Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2018 at 9:16am
Welcome!  Looking forward to photos!
Toyotas C-HR, IQ, and black GT86 modified with Cosworth exhaust, brakes, supercharger and map, Eibach Pro springs, OZ alloys, fast road geo, various cosmetics inc TRD spoiler and Valenti rear lights.
Mart86 View Drop Down
GT86 Newbie
GT86 Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mart86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2018 at 2:19pm

All washed and just as I finished it started raining.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic