FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Toyota GT 86 Owners Club and BRZ Owners Club. The Toyota GT 86 Forums and BRZ forums are free to join and use - please sign up and say hello!

Hi from East Sussex

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
TheCaptain View Drop Down
GT86 Groupie
GT86 Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheCaptain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2017 at 12:08pm
@rich196 hope he doesn't think we're stalking him

Will have to check out that kit don't think I've seen it before.
Sponsored Links

Rich196 View Drop Down
GT86 Groupie
GT86 Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich196 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2017 at 1:06pm
Originally posted by TheCaptain TheCaptain wrote:

@rich196 hope he doesn't think we're stalking him

Will have to check out that kit don't think I've seen it before.

LOL

Im always surprised if someone has spotted mine its rarely comes out. Embarrassed
Hockeystorm65 View Drop Down
GT86 Newbie
GT86 Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hockeystorm65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2017 at 9:32pm
Welcome to the club and I am sure you will enjoy your shiny new Aero!

I also previously had a Celica...a 2004 Gen 7 VVTi RED edition....and in fact I still have it!.......and I am having some problems parting with it........! It is a very different driving experience....it is nowhere near as tight, grippy and fun......(mine has had the full Fensport suspension mods).........however....and this will be controversial........I actually think that the Celica is the better vehicle for daily round town and commuter driving!

......waits for the sharp intake of forum breath........

...............the GT86 is undoubtedly the better weekend fun car though...so for now I have both......but will need to part with the Celica soon.  
The only thing that comes between traction control and the hedge is the driver!
Kesler View Drop Down
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Toyota GB Social Media Community Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kesler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2017 at 9:44am
Welcome to the forum!
Subota Boy View Drop Down
GT86 Expert
GT86 Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Subota Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2017 at 4:32pm
Originally posted by Enut Enut wrote:

Hi All
I've seen two different ones now both within a few miles of my home. Maybe forum members? 
Cheers

Paul

Maybe, Paul.  Depends where in East Sussex you were driving! Wink 

Hope you are still enjoying the car.  A white Aero is a commanding presence on the road, rare or not!
Toyotas C-HR, IQ, and black GT86 modified with Cosworth exhaust, supercharger and map, Eibach Pro springs, OZ alloys, fast road geo, various cosmetics inc spoiler and rear lights.
Enut View Drop Down
GT86 Newbie
GT86 Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2017 at 10:42pm
Thanks for the welcome everyone. Had the car a couple of weeks now and really enjoying driving it as well as just looking at it.

The White GT86 Aeros I have seen have been a 16 plate (Battle) a 15 plate (Boreham Street) and a personal plate (containing 666 or something like that). The 15 and 16 plates both waved but the PP didn't which I thought was most unfriendly until I realised I was driving my Maxda estate and not the GT86 at all, so I'll let them off.

A few minor gripes, firstly there's no coat hook! When I picked up the car I was wearing a suit and went to hang the jacket in the back only to find no hook above the rear seat. I now hang the jacket over the passenger seat using a piece of string and a plastic hook, it's not ideal but better than hammering a 6 inch nail through the bodywork! Secondly mine has that annoying rattle from the rear nearside. I've read the relevant thread on here and ordered some velcro so will set about tracking the blighter down and eliminating him/her soon. Thirdly, I had a 200 mile trip today and found the satnav to be pretty slow and it even missed a couple of junctions completely, luckily I knew where I was going, Fourthly, said satnav kept giving random double beeps, no idea what that's about! Lastly it seems that parts of the M25 have been resurfaced with corrogated sheeting, at least that what it sounds like in the GT86 at 70 (ish), certainly it feels noisier than the old Celica.

Oh and one last thing, I didn't know cleaning a car was such an art form. Having read the thread on here I think I need to up my game as up until now I had been happy to wash and occassionally wax my car, what an amatuer!

Apart from that the car is marvellous!
Gray View Drop Down
GT86 Groupie
GT86 Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2017 at 11:08pm
The satnav beeps for speed/trafic light cameras to alert you so it could be that and yes it is very slow as I found out on a recent trip to Yorkshire.
Mature chap with a red GT86 - Never too old to have fun.
Enut View Drop Down
GT86 Newbie
GT86 Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2017 at 10:10am
Ah, speed cameras! I knew it would be something simple. Good job I didn't try accelerating to see if it had any effect.

Many thanks

Subota Boy View Drop Down
GT86 Expert
GT86 Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Subota Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2017 at 1:03pm
Glad you are enjoying your car!!

Cleaning the GT/BRZ is a pleasure due to the lovely curves (just like a beautiful woman) although there are many who enjoy the driving more than the cleaning, so don't feel you have to " keep up"! 

Good to see comments on this thread from local Surrey/Sussex members. Thumbs Up
Toyotas C-HR, IQ, and black GT86 modified with Cosworth exhaust, supercharger and map, Eibach Pro springs, OZ alloys, fast road geo, various cosmetics inc spoiler and rear lights.
Hockeystorm65 View Drop Down
GT86 Newbie
GT86 Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hockeystorm65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2017 at 1:32pm
Glad you haven't wasted any time having fun in your new Toy!

I would agree that the GT86 is pretty poor on road noise! My partner's Peugeot is pretty much silent on the motorway at 70, my Celica is pretty good too, but the 86 is VERY noisy...albeit with lowered suspension and low profile tyres...but it was loud to start with. I would definitely say that the Celica is the better motorway car.....but then that is NOT why i bought my 86!!!!......I just have to make sure i don't go deaf with enjoyment!
The only thing that comes between traction control and the hedge is the driver!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic