FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Toyota GT 86 Owners Club and BRZ Owners Club. The Toyota GT 86 Forums and BRZ forums are free to join and use - please sign up and say hello!

Hi from Bristol!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Myrrdin View Drop Down
GT86 Newbie
GT86 Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Myrrdin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hi from Bristol!
    Posted: 05 Aug 2017 at 5:10pm
Having been thinking about it very hard for at least the last three years, I'm finally taking the plunge and should be taking delivery of a silver 2013 GT86 in the next week or two Smile

It's a first 'proper' car for me, despite having been driving for about 19 years, so will be learning as I go - I'm based in Bristol so expect to be out and about in the Welsh hills and Mendips quite a bit, and am very much looking forwards to the experience!

To existing owners - is there anything you feel you missed during the buying process that you wish you'd checked, or asked the dealer about?

Any Bristol owners out there - is there a preferred spot for servicing etc in the area, that treats your car well?

All the best, Mike Wink
Sponsored Links

growlerkat View Drop Down
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote growlerkat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2017 at 8:16pm
Welcome to the club Mike! There are a few owners from the Brissol area
Harry G View Drop Down
GT86 Expert
GT86 Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harry G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2017 at 8:24am
Geek A warm welcome to the Forum Mike!

I come to Bristol now and then, either up the dreaded A37 or over the mendips to Burrington and in on the A 38.  The B roads between Shepton Mallet and the bottom of Burrington are good for a blast.
They don't make 'em like they used to! Thank goodness
Myrrdin View Drop Down
GT86 Newbie
GT86 Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Myrrdin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2017 at 11:06pm
Thanks folks! It will probably be a coin toss as to whether I head to the Mendips or Brecons as soon as it turns up 😀
Harry G View Drop Down
GT86 Expert
GT86 Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harry G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 1:59pm
Geek Just thought - watch it in Burrington as there are a lot of goats on the gorge sides and they sometimes come down to look at the traffic!
They don't make 'em like they used to! Thank goodness
Robbijay View Drop Down
GT86 Senior
GT86 Senior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robbijay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2017 at 8:16am
Welcome to the club! I'm in Gloucester but in Bristol for work every day.
2015 Black // Nav // Reverse Camera // DAB // Dashcam

Cosworth Panel Filter // Fensport Remap
HKS UEL Catted Manifold // Miltek Overpipe // Berk HFC // Blitz NUR-Spec CTi Cat Back Exhaust
Myrrdin View Drop Down
GT86 Newbie
GT86 Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Myrrdin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2017 at 12:51pm
Hopefully getting the car on Friday morning - have actually seen a few out and about around Bath and the Brecons recently, think I'm now hyper alert for GT86 spotting 😀

TRD_Bristol View Drop Down
GT86 Groupie
GT86 Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRD_Bristol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2017 at 5:17pm
I am in Bristol (nr Chipping Sodbury) get yourself on the A46 to Stroud lovely road to have a blast!!

Robbijay I will be in Gloucester quite often as I work from their a few times a month in Longlevens maybe we could hook up at some point as Im keen to see and hear your mods :)

Dan
2017 Nissan XTrail, 1996 BMW 325 Convertible, 1998 911 C4, 2014 GT86 TRD
Robbijay View Drop Down
GT86 Senior
GT86 Senior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robbijay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2017 at 5:32pm
Man, that's so ironic (and annoying)! I drive down to bloody Bristol every day as i can't find any decent jobs to get away from the place and you come up here! Sure no worries, if its a Friday, other wise i will be in Bristol!

Whereabouts do you work that sees you in longlevens? I went to school there!
2015 Black // Nav // Reverse Camera // DAB // Dashcam

Cosworth Panel Filter // Fensport Remap
HKS UEL Catted Manifold // Miltek Overpipe // Berk HFC // Blitz NUR-Spec CTi Cat Back Exhaust
TRD_Bristol View Drop Down
GT86 Groupie
GT86 Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRD_Bristol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2017 at 5:34pm
Its varies as I work from a colleagues as my internet is p155 poor at the moment so it gives us chance to catch up and work on projects, so I will keep you posted and PM you :)

2017 Nissan XTrail, 1996 BMW 325 Convertible, 1998 911 C4, 2014 GT86 TRD
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic