FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Toyota GT 86 Owners Club and BRZ Owners Club. The Toyota GT 86 Forums and BRZ forums are free to join and use - please sign up and say hello!

Handbrake cover came off

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moves With Clouds View Drop Down
GT86 Expert
GT86 Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moves With Clouds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Handbrake cover came off
    Posted: 07 May 2018 at 2:25pm
The handbrake sleeve connects to a plastic cover which extends maybe 15cm on the side of the central tunnel, and this part no longer stays in place. I can see that some plastic inside that central tunnel has broken off so it is no use to replace the handbrake sleeve. It can keep the cover in place because there is more than one hook where it clicks in place but as soon as I actually use it it easily comes loose. Do you have any suggestions about how to handle it? Maybe loosen the sleeve somewhat? I think it's too tight. Odd though. Maybe the cable has stretched/needs a longer pull and I pull up the brake one click more than before?
Just keep it pointed in the general direction you want to go
Sponsored Links

Moves With Clouds View Drop Down
GT86 Expert
GT86 Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moves With Clouds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2018 at 10:00am
Update: mechanic has tightened the cable somewhat near the handle and when it comes in for maintenance end of the month he'll adjust the brake at the wheels. So the handbrake lever doesn't raise as high as before.
Just keep it pointed in the general direction you want to go
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic