FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Toyota GT 86 Owners Club and BRZ Owners Club. The Toyota GT 86 Forums and BRZ forums are free to join and use - please sign up and say hello!

Flat 65 aH battery !!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
MattGT View Drop Down
GT86 Expert
GT86 Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattGT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 7:13pm
The Toyota branded 65Ah battery. Which is the replacement everybody talks about.

Sponsored Links

SunZenith View Drop Down
GT86 Groupie
GT86 Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SunZenith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 7:20pm
But if Toyota are unwilling to budge (which it looks like at the moment), and I have to buy myself, what is the next best option? As I can't seem to find anywhere selling the Toyota branded battery.
anixie View Drop Down
GT86 Groupie
GT86 Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 9:08pm
Its a bone stock 12V battery, so get the size and go get one in  almost any autopart shop. 
SunZenith View Drop Down
GT86 Groupie
GT86 Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SunZenith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 12:52am
Yes I understand that but I can't find any information about the Toyota 65aH battery and the 48aH has different dimensions than larger capacity batteries. In addition, all the results websites give me for the GT86 using my reg are 60aH, from brands I've never heard of or with the terminals the wrong way round.

I'm just looking for specific decent batteries 65aH that fit our cars, as an alternative to the larger Toyota one? (As it doesn't look like Toyota HQ will give in).
sam534 View Drop Down
GT86 Groupie
GT86 Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sam534 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 6:46am
Get a yuasa one, they aren't cheap but have long warranties on. You can even get ones with lifetime warranty. Terminal location shouldn't matter to much, just turn it around.
Standard black beauty GT86 - Leather + Nav
sam534 View Drop Down
GT86 Groupie
GT86 Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sam534 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 11:21am
So took it back to Toyota and they have told me it isn't a Toyota battery! They won't cover it under warranty.... I'm going to to talk to the department who sold me the car and see if I can get them to do anything about it.
sam534 View Drop Down
GT86 Groupie
GT86 Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sam534 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 12:35pm
I must admit I am very impressed by Toyota customer service. The Nottingham branch has agreed to pay for my new battery! That's awesome, proper chuffed.
church View Drop Down
GT86 Expert
GT86 Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote church Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 1:24pm
Does anyone have full specs for replacement 65Ah battery? As in capacity/starting current/dimensions/etc .. i wonder if it's possible to find lightweight aftermarket Li battery that will not be just track-only for few days, thus minimum weight but of just enough juice to keep charge for most of few days, but somewhere inbetween, with parameters of that 65Ah to not need battery swap, but lighter due better tech ...
sam534 View Drop Down
GT86 Groupie
GT86 Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sam534 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 1:51pm
I'll ask tomorrow when they are doing the work if you like?
MattGT View Drop Down
GT86 Expert
GT86 Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattGT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 3:30pm
Originally posted by SunZenith SunZenith wrote:

But if Toyota are unwilling to budge (which it looks like at the moment), and I have to buy myself, what is the next best option? As I can't seem to find anywhere selling the Toyota branded battery.

I can't see why they wouldn't. Its the most documented problem on this car. I was just saying their like for like will be the better battery. No point forking out if you dont have too, just kick up a stink, it took me 2 attempts.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic