FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Toyota GT 86 Owners Club and BRZ Owners Club. The Toyota GT 86 Forums and BRZ forums are free to join and use - please sign up and say hello!

Deposit down

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
anixie View Drop Down
GT86 Groupie
GT86 Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2017 at 4:47pm
That small area is rubbish for putting your key in. My fat fingers have issues getting the key out again   :)  They do stay in my pocket too.
Sponsored Links

Tony H View Drop Down
GT86 Senior
GT86 Senior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2017 at 6:51pm
Originally posted by Mark E Mark Mark E Mark wrote:

Rear reverse sensor is now Old hat as rear veiw cameras are cheap.
Disagree.  A reverse sensor keeps you informed, e.g. of errant pedestrians walking behind the car, no matter where you are looking (e.g. in the side mirrors).  

Obviously, both sensors and camera is ideal, but sensors are easier to install than threading wires through the car and pulling the dash apart imho (otherwise I'd have installed a camera, tho' I don't really miss one).
Mark E Mark View Drop Down
GT86 Groupie
GT86 Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark E Mark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2017 at 8:02pm
Tony H, What I mean is: Toyota to fit the rear camera instead of the sensors, if you want 'reversing technology'
anixie View Drop Down
GT86 Groupie
GT86 Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2017 at 11:21am
The cabling boom for reverse camera is in place afaik.  
GT86 Groupie
GT86 Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark E Mark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2017 at 2:03pm
Now using the rev range up to 5k. How much running in before using the full range, 1.5k miles?
GT86JP View Drop Down
GT86 Groupie
GT86 Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GT86JP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2017 at 2:32pm
TBH you dont even need to run it in with modern engines as they are done in production
Instagram @ JoshParkerr
My GT86 Progress Thread
GT86 Groupie
GT86 Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark E Mark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2017 at 4:01pm
Plan to sound proof rear of the car (boot done) next weekend. Also have ordered a replacement 4" speaker while I have the internal trim off. Will let you know how I get on.
GT86 Groupie
GT86 Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark E Mark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2017 at 9:15am
Speaker update in other posts. I will do a full report on in members mods when the front speakers arrive. Slow delivery of new speakers ment they will be installed next week. Now have 2k on the clock, Just filled up with super unleaded for the first time. I seem to notice the power dip after 3,300 revs with this fuel, weird!

Edited by Mark E Mark - 17 Jul 2017 at 10:31am
Nasher View Drop Down
GT86 Groupie
GT86 Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nasher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2017 at 12:04pm
Originally posted by GT86JP GT86JP wrote:

TBH you dont even need to run it in with modern engines as they are done in production

Yea I've read that too. Apparently they just engineer in the "wear" they would experience while running in.
spikyone View Drop Down
GT86 Groupie
GT86 Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spikyone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2017 at 12:43pm
Originally posted by Mark E Mark Mark E Mark wrote:

Now have 2k on the clock, Just filled up with super unleaded for the first time. I seem to notice the power dip after 3,300 revs with this fuel, weird!

Shocked  Should be super unleaded every time!  The engine management may still be compensating for the lesser fuel you've been using, and you'll now have a mixture of fuel in the tank.  Keep using the good stuff and you'll get the full performance back.

Originally posted by Nasher Nasher wrote:

Originally posted by GT86JP GT86JP wrote:

Yea I've read that too. Apparently they just engineer in the "wear" they would experience while running in.

Depends on the car, and it's not just about compensating for the wear in the design of the engine.  The GT86 definitely should be run in, it's a high performance engine (in terms of its output per litre it is high for a NA engine) and has been shown to perform better if properly run in.   The manual IIRC says <4k rpm for the first 1000 miles.  It also shouldn't be kept at a constant speed/load for prolonged periods, so doing 70mph up and down the motorway is not a good way to run it in.  In fairness, it's more fun doing it on twisty roads anyway Smile
There's an in-depth discussion on running-in here.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic