FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Toyota GT 86 Owners Club and BRZ Owners Club. The Toyota GT 86 Forums and BRZ forums are free to join and use - please sign up and say hello!

Cosworth UK Owners Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 86878889>
Author
ilikesleeping View Drop Down
GT86 Groupie
GT86 Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ilikesleeping Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 3:28pm
Originally posted by Rich196 Rich196 wrote:

Originally posted by ilikesleeping ilikesleeping wrote:

I nipped it up and it looks like it's sealed now. One to keep an eye on!

Sprintex say 65Nm for theirs. I know it's a different manifold but very similar I would think. I feel like that's a bit on the high side and 20Nm is a bit on the low side. I've got some universal joints for the sockets so should be able to get the torque wrench on all of them, just about.

Another one for you Ade. I was just trying to bleed the system, so had the ignition on for the pump to work. There is a strange electrical noise under the bonnet. I thought it was the pump so disconnected that and the noise is still there. I don't think I've ever had my head under the bonnet with the ignition on, so it's probably nothing. As I've done the work myself, I'm quite nervous!  Any thoughts?

Hold up that 65NM is for the M14 bolt that holds the charger to the block via the engine lifting point! Dont use 65nm.

The noise you can hear under the bonnet it the throttle body. Unplug it and it will stop!

Thanks Rich! Good job I checked. Thought it was very high!
Cosworth Stage 2.1
Sponsored Links

GT86 Groupie
GT86 Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ilikesleeping Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 5:49pm
How long did it take you guys to bleed the system? I've manage to get about 4 litres in and been running the pump with the bleed screws open, but not seeing much sign of moisture coming out of them. The side closest to the pump has had a little splutter but nothing on the other side.
Cosworth Stage 2.1
Rich196 View Drop Down
GT86 Groupie
GT86 Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich196 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 8:27pm

How long did it take you guys to bleed the system? I've manage to get about 4 litres in and been running the pump with the bleed screws open, but not seeing much sign of moisture coming out of them. The side closest to the pump has had a little splutter but nothing on the other side.

I find with it level its a bit of a slow process. You can either go an drive it and slosh it about a bit or get it up at an angle. You want passenger rear as high as it will go. When its bled you will get a steady stream.

Matt@Cosworth View Drop Down
GT86 Groupie
GT86 Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt@Cosworth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 6:25pm
you can also loosen the clamp that hold the header tank and lift it up that will also help

capacity is 4.5 ltrs  so you're nearly there
GT86 Groupie
GT86 Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ilikesleeping Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 10:08am
Thanks Matt. To be honest, I think I've got the hoses on the header tank the wrong way round (roll eyes).  I'll swap them around after work and finish off bleeding the system. All going well, I should be able to take her for a spin before the football.

One last thing that I'm not confident about is the earthing point for the throttle body extension. I couldn't find anywhere close enough on the engine block, not without replacing the ring terminal with a larger one or lengthening the cable anyway. Does anyone remember where they earthed theirs?  My options are limited now that it's all installed. 
Cosworth Stage 2.1
Ade View Drop Down
GT86 Guru
GT86 Guru
(GT86Owner)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 10:16am
I earthed my TB cable to one of the two earth studs on the main wiring loom to the block.
Ade's Road and Track Car Thread
Cosworth - AP Racing - Ohlins - Hayward & Scott
GT86 Groupie
GT86 Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ilikesleeping Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 10:29am
That’s what I wanted to use but the eyelet was too small and I didn’t fancy a bike ride to Halfords to buy a larger one. In hindsight I should have done that. I’ve currently got it on a bolt through the firewall.
Cosworth Stage 2.1
GT86 Groupie
GT86 Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ilikesleeping Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 10:44am
Just checked it with a multi meter and it should be fine. I'd call myself a novice home mechanic at best, hence my caution!
Cosworth Stage 2.1
Ade View Drop Down
GT86 Guru
GT86 Guru
(GT86Owner)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 11:05am

That’s what I wanted to use but the eyelet was too small and I didn’t fancy a bike ride to Halfords to buy a larger one. In hindsight I should have done that. I’ve currently got it on a bolt through the firewall.

Id have thought a bolt though the firewall should be fine. Sorry to state the obvious but make sure there's no paint between the eye and the metal surface. 
Ade's Road and Track Car Thread
Cosworth - AP Racing - Ohlins - Hayward & Scott
GT86 Groupie
GT86 Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ilikesleeping Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 2:55pm

So I'm pretty sure I've finished the install.  I'm supposed to be working from home today but keep sneaking out for a quick fiddle!

Anyway, I was just about to go for a test drive but noticed that I cannot change maps with the cruise control stalk. That go me worried that the map wasn’t correct, so I loaded it again and still no map selection.  Any ideas?

Cosworth Stage 2.1
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 86878889>
  Share Topic