FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Toyota GT 86 Owners Club and BRZ Owners Club. The Toyota GT 86 Forums and BRZ forums are free to join and use - please sign up and say hello!

Cosworth UK Owners Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7677787980 81>
Author
aspen8 View Drop Down
GT86 Groupie
GT86 Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aspen8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2018 at 10:13am
I’m now the owner of a stage 2 kit! Not sure when I’ll be able to install it yet. Need to line up my volunteers to help and also find the rattle first.
Previously owned 2012 Orange 86. Now have Black 2013 86
Sponsored Links

Subota Boy View Drop Down
GT86 Expert
GT86 Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Subota Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2018 at 11:20am
Originally posted by aspen8 aspen8 wrote:

I’m now the owner of a stage 2 kit! Not sure when I’ll be able to install it yet. Need to line up my volunteers to help and also find the rattle first.

Thumbs Up
Toyotas C-HR, IQ, and black GT86 modified with Cosworth exhaust, brakes, supercharger and map, Eibach Pro springs, OZ alloys, fast road geo, various cosmetics inc TRD spoiler and Valenti rear lights.
Honcho View Drop Down
GT86 Newbie
GT86 Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honcho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2018 at 10:01pm
Hi Matt,

I’d like to order one of the kits if still available?

Sorry for the repeat if this question has already been answered. How do I install the remap?

I already had an ecutek tune from fensport a few years ago. I’m based in Northern Ireland.
Kodename47 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
DJ Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kodename47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2018 at 12:36am
Originally posted by Honcho Honcho wrote:

How do I install the remap?

Flash it on with an EcuTek cable.
.: Stealth 86 :.
Abbey Motorsport/K47 Tuned Sprintex 210 Supercharger

Litchfield Springs / Abbey MS Geo
aspen8 View Drop Down
GT86 Groupie
GT86 Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aspen8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2018 at 6:25pm
This may be a stupid question...

I bought an EcuTek programming kit and licence from Fensport, is the licence preprogrammed on the dongle? Or is there going to be an additional step involved? 

Trying to get everything in place to make the Cosworth install as smooth as possible on the day.
Previously owned 2012 Orange 86. Now have Black 2013 86
Kodename47 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
DJ Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Kodename47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2018 at 6:39pm
Originally posted by aspen8 aspen8 wrote:

I bought an EcuTek programming kit and licence from Fensport, is the licence preprogrammed on the dongle? Or is there going to be an additional step involved?

If you bought the ECU License then it will apply to the laptop software when you download/update it. It is assigned to the dongle, you should see it in the update procedure.
.: Stealth 86 :.
Abbey Motorsport/K47 Tuned Sprintex 210 Supercharger

Litchfield Springs / Abbey MS Geo
ilikesleeping View Drop Down
GT86 Groupie
GT86 Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ilikesleeping Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 12:16pm
A question for all the stage 2 owners...  

Who do you have your insurance with? I've done this the correct way and bought the stage two kit before getting insurance quotes! I use Chris Knott, who are usually really good so will be talking to them. Still interested to know who you guys use though.
Cosworth Stage 1.1. Pearl white with black roof. Other bits and bobs.
Ade View Drop Down
GT86 Guru
GT86 Guru
(GT86Owner)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 12:20pm
Originally posted by ilikesleeping ilikesleeping wrote:

Who do you have your insurance with? I've done this the correct way and bought the stage two kit before getting insurance quotes! I use Chris Knott, who are usually really good so will be talking to them. Still interested to know who you guys use though.

I was with Adrian flux and now green light for their £45 trackday cover. 

FWIW going from fully stock I was paying about £200/year and then to A flux it went up to £300/year so +50% 

That's for suspension, brakes, wheels/tyres, exhaust, chassis, engine mods and 280hp
Ade's Road and Track Car Thread
Cosworth - AP Racing - Ohlins - Hayward & Scott
ilikesleeping View Drop Down
GT86 Groupie
GT86 Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ilikesleeping Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 12:26pm
Originally posted by Ade Ade wrote:

FWIW going from fully stock I was paying about £200/year and then to A flux it went up to £300/year so +50% 

That's for suspension, brakes, wheels/tyres, exhaust, chassis, engine mods and 280hp

That's really good..  I pay more than that for my current setup.  I do live in the shady end of Southampton though so I think that inflates my quotes, maybe more than the mods.

By the way, Ade, I've not thanked you for convincing me to by the stage 2 yet!! So Thanks, I think :-)
Cosworth Stage 1.1. Pearl white with black roof. Other bits and bobs.
Ade View Drop Down
GT86 Guru
GT86 Guru
(GT86Owner)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 12:31pm

Originally posted by Ade Ade wrote:

That's really good..  I pay more than that for my current setup.  I do live in the shady end of Southampton though so I think that inflates my quotes, maybe more than the mods.

By the way, Ade, I've not thanked you for convincing me to by the stage 2 yet!! So Thanks, I think :-)

LOL Mate you'll love it. With the smaller pulley, the power hike puts it in 718 Porsche Cayman S power to weight territory ~240hp/ton 

Are you still running just the cat back?  I ran that setup for over a year on multiple trackdays jsut fine. 
Ade's Road and Track Car Thread
Cosworth - AP Racing - Ohlins - Hayward & Scott
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7677787980 81>
  Share Topic