FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Toyota GT 86 Owners Club and BRZ Owners Club. The Toyota GT 86 Forums and BRZ forums are free to join and use - please sign up and say hello!

Cosworth UK Owners Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 67686970>
Author
Ade View Drop Down
GT86 Expert
GT86 Expert
(GT86Owner)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 8:24pm
Im tempted...I presume it should be okay on the 2.1 stock manifold/OP/FP exhaust setup.
Ade's Road and Track Car Thread
Cosworth - AP Racing - Ohlins - Hayward & Scott
Sponsored Links

Matt@Cosworth View Drop Down
GT86 Groupie
GT86 Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt@Cosworth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 10:14pm
Yes it should be fine

AdamH View Drop Down
GT86 Newbie
GT86 Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AdamH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 5:58pm
Originally posted by Matt@Cosworth Matt@Cosworth wrote:

talking of smaller pulleys

we've just released a 10% smaller SC pulley which gives another 0.1 bar / 1.4 psi of boost and should give another 20Bhp or thereabouts

its compatible with our existing tune as I left headroom in the map and it will also work with the existing belt and uses up the little bit of safety factor on the rod loading
so we don't exceed the 100bar cylinder pressure limit we set at the beginning of the project

Sounds very interesting!

To clarify - (as on p5 of this thread), this would be provided without any warranty and pushes the reserve factor on the stock rods very low?

When will it be available?

Cheers
GT86 Groupie
GT86 Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt@Cosworth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 9:23pm
its available now

and yes there's no warrenty and uses up the reserve factor so the engine hasn't been endurance tested by us with this pulley - much like 95% of the products in the aftermarket

so its your call
86er View Drop Down
GT86 Newbie
GT86 Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 86er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 9:53pm
Hi Matt,

Thanks for info.  Where can we purchase it? Do you estimate that this 10% increase would remain below 300 bhp? I cannot exceed this in any way on the auto box. Would this require a retune?

Best regards,

John
Ade View Drop Down
GT86 Expert
GT86 Expert
(GT86Owner)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 9:57pm
Originally posted by 86er 86er wrote:

Hi Matt,

Thanks for info.  Where can we purchase it? Do you estimate that this 10% increase would remain below 300 bhp? I cannot exceed this in any way on the auto box. Would this require a retune?

Best regards,

John

Matt said earlier the mapping works with this pulley so fit and off you go.

The full 2.3 dev setup made 289hp fly so this might push it up to 310hp depending pn exhaust setup.
GT86 Groupie
GT86 Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt@Cosworth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 7:31am

Hi Matt,

Best regards,

John

hello John
from memory you don't have the manifold so probably at 270bhp now?
so this pulley should push that up to 290bhp and no re-tune required

the pulley should be available from part-box

86er View Drop Down
GT86 Newbie
GT86 Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 86er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 11:46am
Hello Matt,
Thanks for reply. You are riht I got about 260 hp fly acording to the dyno I sent you about a year ago. My tune a is somewhat conservative because I do have a full HKS exhaust, manifold included, but with a slightly smaller diameter from Cosworth. I agree this new pulley should be just under 290 bhp in my case so the auto box should hold moderate load usage. I dont track my car. Just normal street driving and occasional short drift sessions. I could not find any links to the pulley at this time on Part-Box. Maybe its still not available. I will dyno the car again after installation and send it to you with usual log.
Thanks for all your kind support.
Best regards,
John
Ade View Drop Down
GT86 Expert
GT86 Expert
(GT86Owner)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 11:50am

Hello Matt,
Thanks for reply. You are riht I got about 260 hp fly acording to the dyno I sent you about a year ago. My tune a is somewhat conservative because I do have a full HKS exhaust, manifold included, but with a slightly smaller diameter from Cosworth. I agree this new pulley should be just under 290 bhp in my case so the auto box should hold moderate load usage. I dont track my car. Just normal street driving and occasional short drift sessions. I could not find any links to the pulley at this time on Part-Box. Maybe its still not available. I will dyno the car again after installation and send it to you with usual log.
Thanks for all your kind support.
Best regards,
John

I have been in contact with Part Box about getting hold of one so hopefully they are sorting it out now. When I get info will post it here, I suspect a few people will be interested! 

Power corrupts! 
86er View Drop Down
GT86 Newbie
GT86 Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 86er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 12:28pm
Hi Ade,
Thanks for your helpful comments. You are right power corrupts....
I have limited growth potential due to the auto box option and this pulley should just max it out on my setup agreed?
Regards,
John
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 67686970>
  Share Topic