FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Toyota GT 86 Owners Club and BRZ Owners Club. The Toyota GT 86 Forums and BRZ forums are free to join and use - please sign up and say hello!

Cosworth UK Owners Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6667686970>
Author
thetyrant View Drop Down
GT86 Groupie
GT86 Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thetyrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 1:39pm
As above look forward to seeing how it goes with the smaller pulley and forged motor :)

Ian
Sponsored Links

Steeps View Drop Down
GT86 Expert
GT86 Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steeps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 3:12pm
Car back up to running full 1.3 spec, still far too loud for some track days but that's not an issue I need to sort now until next spring. Got some ideas for development but as the kit is designed 1.1-1.2-1.3 we would need some custom parts to try and work it the other way (e.g manifold only first). Was hoping to try the stock mid cat in the system but the step down from the manifold to the overpipe would have been too large and wipe out any gains from the manifold.

Couldn't push much last night as the car has another 2 catbacks, 2 midpipes and another manifold in the boot but the power is beautiful, it feels like it could keep on pulling past the limiter.
Cosworth Stage 1.3
Subota Boy View Drop Down
GT86 Expert
GT86 Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Subota Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 4:59pm
Originally posted by Steeps Steeps wrote:

Car back up to running full 1.3 spec, still far too loud for some track days but that's not an issue I need to sort now until next spring. Got some ideas for development but as the kit is designed 1.1-1.2-1.3 we would need some custom parts to try and work it the other way (e.g manifold only first). Was hoping to try the stock mid cat in the system but the step down from the manifold to the overpipe would have been too large and wipe out any gains from the manifold.

Couldn't push much last night as the car has another 2 catbacks, 2 midpipes and another manifold in the boot but the power is beautiful, it feels like it could keep on pulling past the limiter.

Thumbs Up
Toyotas C-HR, IQ, and black GT86 modified with Cosworth exhaust, supercharger and map, Eibach Pro springs, OZ alloys, fast road geo, various cosmetics inc spoiler and rear lights.
DavidDrysdale View Drop Down
GT86 Newbie
GT86 Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidDrysdale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2017 at 8:51am
Originally posted by Matt@Cosworth Matt@Cosworth wrote:

nice work David
how much ratio did you go for in the end?

Hi Matt,

3:1 but I have left my self a bit of scope to fiddle with this.
Stepping the whole pulley drive forward has allowed me to go for a pretty large crank pulley so I still have plenty to play with on the SC end.

Got a couple hundred miles on the clock now with no explosions Big smile  Still not booted it yet though.
Hopefully have the new pulleys on in the next couple of weeks.
Ade View Drop Down
GT86 Expert
GT86 Expert
(GT86Owner)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2017 at 5:48pm
Originally posted by DavidDrysdale DavidDrysdale wrote:

Originally posted by Matt@Cosworth Matt@Cosworth wrote:

nice work David
how much ratio did you go for in the end?

Hi Matt,

3:1 but I have left my self a bit of scope to fiddle with this.
Stepping the whole pulley drive forward has allowed me to go for a pretty large crank pulley so I still have plenty to play with on the SC end.

Got a couple hundred miles on the clock now with no explosions Big smile  Still not booted it yet though.
Hopefully have the new pulleys on in the next couple of weeks.

~22k rpm should be good for about 350hp right?
Ade's Road and Track Car Thread
Cosworth - AP Racing - Ohlins - Hayward & Scott
Furnate View Drop Down
GT86 Senior
GT86 Senior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Furnate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2017 at 9:39pm
22k is pretty high for the TVS blower isn't it? Basically maxed out.
Rich
Ade View Drop Down
GT86 Expert
GT86 Expert
(GT86Owner)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2017 at 9:48pm
Originally posted by Furnate Furnate wrote:

22k is pretty high for the TVS blower isn't it? Basically maxed out.

Think that around the maximum stated by eaton but cosworth have ran this unit at 28k through endurance tests apparently....

Edit - according to the Eaton website its 24,000 rpm max for the TVS units. 

According to the performance map, it will be blowing ~1200 kg/hr at that RPM. That seems like a lot of air....

Edited by Ade - 26 Sep 2017 at 10:13am
Ade's Road and Track Car Thread
Cosworth - AP Racing - Ohlins - Hayward & Scott
Matt@Cosworth View Drop Down
GT86 Groupie
GT86 Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt@Cosworth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 10:34pm
looking forward to seeing your results David
DavidDrysdale View Drop Down
GT86 Newbie
GT86 Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidDrysdale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 10:54pm
Car is getting mot'd tomorrow. Then I'm off on holiday for a week. I will get there eventually...
Matt@Cosworth View Drop Down
GT86 Groupie
GT86 Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt@Cosworth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 7:37pm
talking of smaller pulleys

we've just released a 10% smaller SC pulley which gives another 0.1 bar / 1.4 psi of boost and should give another 20Bhp or thereabouts

its compatible with our existing tune as I left headroom in the map and it will also work with the existing belt and uses up the little bit of safety factor on the rod loading
so we don't exceed the 100bar cylinder pressure limit we set at the beginning of the project

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6667686970>
  Share Topic