FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Toyota GT 86 Owners Club and BRZ Owners Club. The Toyota GT 86 Forums and BRZ forums are free to join and use - please sign up and say hello!

Confession time.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
Steeps View Drop Down
GT86 Expert
GT86 Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steeps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 12:40pm
I've just found the velcro I was intending to attack my car with, suppose after 3 years I've learned to live with them  :D
Cosworth Stage 1.3
Sponsored Links

paulca View Drop Down
GT86 Expert
GT86 Expert

Resident Old Fart

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2017 at 2:34pm
Is it August yet?  :(
From between thy hedges thou shalt not stray.
growlerkat View Drop Down
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote growlerkat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2017 at 3:46pm
Have you been given a date in August?
paulca View Drop Down
GT86 Expert
GT86 Expert

Resident Old Fart

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2017 at 1:27pm
I signed the finance last evening.  Car ready to pick up tomorrow evening.

Interestingly the insurance was £12 cheaper on the new car, which was promptly swallowed by the £12 admin fee.  Dealers have to jump through hoops with the insurance companies to get proof of insurance to tax the car due to new rules.

So I should be driving the 2017 from tomorrow evening.  It will be a killer to keep it under 4k for a 1000 miles again.  I think I will end up doing what I did with the last one and keep it under 4k 99% of the time and gradually introduce it to hooligan mode more and more often as the miles increase.

From between thy hedges thou shalt not stray.
BRZ View Drop Down
GT86 Groupie
GT86 Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BRZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2017 at 2:38pm
Fantastic news Paul. All the best with the new baby and i will be keenly looking forward to your feedback on the differences between the two models, over and above what we can see and read... from someone who has lived the old one and is well qualified to comment. Best wishes
Harry G View Drop Down
GT86 Expert
GT86 Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harry G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2017 at 3:08pm
GeekLooking forward to your report on the new babyThumbs Up
They don't make 'em like they used to! Thank goodness
Furnate View Drop Down
GT86 Senior
GT86 Senior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Furnate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2017 at 3:15pm
Originally posted by paulca paulca wrote:

So I should be driving the 2017 from tomorrow evening.  It will be a killer to keep it under 4k for a 1000 miles again.  I think I will end up doing what I did with the last one and keep it under 4k 99% of the time and gradually introduce it to hooligan mode more and more often as the miles increase.

I wouldn't worry, just make sure it's really warm before revving it up. There's an argument that rubbing a new engine at high RPM helps seal the bores more effectively.
Rich
Eightysix View Drop Down
GT86 Expert
GT86 Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eightysix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2017 at 3:25pm
Not revving. But be sure to give it full throttle and thus torque at lower revs (3-4k) once hot now and then. The valvetrain may not fully enjoy full revs early on.

I expect a full report on the subjective changes. And last but not least, congrats :)
Blue '13 86, Flex A, some bushes, E85+cat header+Milltek Res and some 20 other (minor) mods.
James- View Drop Down
GT86 Groupie
GT86 Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2017 at 3:34pm
The other school of thought is that you should run it in for the first 1k... but until the engine is warm do not take it over 4k revs. After engine is warm you should take it above, but don't red line at all. Up to 6k is fine, but basically avoid staying at a constant RPM for example motorway driving. Have to keep the RPM variable.
Copey View Drop Down
GT86 Senior
GT86 Senior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Copey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2017 at 3:38pm
Toyota run the engine in at the factory no? to get rid of any imperfections, ive always gone upto 4k for 500 miles and then full beans after that.

You shouldn't be ragging an engine from cold regardless of age or mileage.
Avid detailer, happy to help with any Q's.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
  Share Topic