FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Toyota GT 86 Owners Club and BRZ Owners Club. The Toyota GT 86 Forums and BRZ forums are free to join and use - please sign up and say hello!

Confession time.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
paulca View Drop Down
GT86 Expert
GT86 Expert

Resident Old Fart

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Confession time.
    Posted: 18 Jun 2017 at 4:10pm
I'm selling my GT86.

Only because I'm buying a 2017 GT86.

There is nothing persae wrong with my current 86, save that it has had one minor accident and numerous niggles and issues with getting the dealership to fix them, but I just wanted a fresh one.

Won't get it till August. :(  Long wait.

As I got a bonus and pay rise in work this year the new car cost (deposit + slight rise monthly payments) is offset completely by that :)

Going for a Pro to get the wing, but also looking forward to the half leather seats and... the Track mode button.
From between thy hedges thou shalt not stray.
Sponsored Links

Steeps View Drop Down
GT86 Expert
GT86 Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steeps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2017 at 4:35pm
I think it's a real credit to the car when even existing owners upgrade to the new model or return to buy a 2nd/3rd of the original. Would be interesting to hear your views come September when you're settled in.

The more important question though... what colour?  :D
Cosworth Stage 1.3
paulca View Drop Down
GT86 Expert
GT86 Expert

Resident Old Fart

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2017 at 4:42pm
The fastest colour of course.  Red.
growlerkat View Drop Down
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote growlerkat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2017 at 4:56pm
I read the first line and thought Nooooooooooo!! Then I read the rest and it was 'Oh,ok! That's not as bad as I thought
Mark E Mark View Drop Down
GT86 Groupie
GT86 Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark E Mark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2017 at 6:08pm
Good to hear someone liking the 86 so much to replace with the new version. It will be good to get the comparisions. Wonder if the audio is any better
paulca View Drop Down
GT86 Expert
GT86 Expert

Resident Old Fart

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2017 at 6:24pm
Originally posted by Mark E Mark Mark E Mark wrote:

Wonder if the audio is any better

I doubt it.  I just hope the cabin rattles are better.  The worst is when the car is in a rattly mood on a particular day and so you put the HiFi on to drown it out and ... the door cards start buzzing with the bass.

I'm thinking this time I will go straight ahead and get the boot wired for a bass bin.
BRZ View Drop Down
GT86 Groupie
GT86 Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BRZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2017 at 11:06pm
Congratulations on the bonus and pay rise and glad you are spending it on a Toyota. Why not consider it's twin , the BRZ this time?

Edited by BRZ - 19 Jun 2017 at 12:51pm
Ade View Drop Down
GT86 Expert
GT86 Expert
(GT86Owner)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 8:54am
Originally posted by paulca paulca wrote:

The fastest colour of course.  Red.

Good man! and congrats

Will be interesting to see your thoughts. I still need to try one out...
Ade's Road and Track Car Thread
Cosworth - AP Racing - Ohlins - Hayward & Scott
Nasher View Drop Down
GT86 Groupie
GT86 Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nasher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 9:59am
Originally posted by paulca paulca wrote:

Originally posted by Mark E Mark Mark E Mark wrote:

Wonder if the audio is any better

I doubt it.  I just hope the cabin rattles are better.  The worst is when the car is in a rattly mood on a particular day and so you put the HiFi on to drown it out and ... the door cards start buzzing with the bass.

I'm thinking this time I will go straight ahead and get the boot wired for a bass bin.

I bet the rattles are still there, unless they have lined the backs of the plastic panels with foam. I just ended up fixing them myself on mine :)
church View Drop Down
GT86 Expert
GT86 Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote church Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 11:56am
Just pay a visit to Senna's Velcro Kingdom. It supposedly never signed treaty with those Rattlandians :)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic