FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Toyota GT 86 Owners Club and BRZ Owners Club. The Toyota GT 86 Forums and BRZ forums are free to join and use - please sign up and say hello!

Bird Poo - A Cautionary Tale!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
RIDDLER View Drop Down
GT86 Newbie
GT86 Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote RIDDLER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2018 at 8:52am
Autoglym do a bird poo remover product. It comes as little sachets in a box. I have found they are amazing for removing bird poo. They just seem to dissolve it almost instantly, and if you are gentle you don’t leave any scratches. I always carry a box of them in my glove box now! Available at Halfords etc
Sponsored Links

Loisaida View Drop Down
GT86 Groupie
GT86 Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Loisaida Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2018 at 9:23am
When someone buys a car I have never had anything in a handbook to keep the car garaged. It is a fact that we have soft paint. I use Dodojuice cleaning products that is kind to car and as soon as I have some pennies to spare I will have a good detailer protection on it. Our Yaris paint ended up very knackered. Shame on Toyota. Do they wish for all their cars on the road to look shabby? I am most disappointed for you. I hope you get a good outcome. Or at least get a good detailer protection they are gonna pay for. Best of luck.
Bishbosh View Drop Down
GT86 Newbie
GT86 Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bishbosh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2018 at 2:28pm
My wife works by the sea, quite often she'll come home with bird poo on our black 86, since I put G3 glasscoat from new & top up every year its been great, keeps great shine aswell
Furnate View Drop Down
GT86 Senior
GT86 Senior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Furnate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 9:15am
Originally posted by RIDDLER RIDDLER wrote:

Autoglym do a bird poo remover product. It comes as little sachets in a box. I have found they are amazing for removing bird poo. They just seem to dissolve it almost instantly, and if you are gentle you don’t leave any scratches. I always carry a box of them in my glove box now! Available at Halfords etc

Baby wipes are as effective but cost about 1p/wipe rather than 60p/wipe. I keep a pack in the glovebox.
Rich
jonv View Drop Down
GT86 Newbie
GT86 Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 8:48pm
just seen this thread, paniced and quickly dashed outside to clean the bird poo that has been on mine for last couple of days. 
RIDDLER View Drop Down
GT86 Newbie
GT86 Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RIDDLER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 7:07am
That’s sounds great. But do they work if you get a really baked on lump of poo? The Autoglym ones apparently have a solution in them that dissolves it - I would be surprised if a baby wipe would do that.
NJay View Drop Down
GT86 Newbie
GT86 Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 7:30am
Mine had a bird poo on it all day in baking sun (doesn't help we have a bird's nest in the gutter of our house arghhhhh!)

With a bit of a squeeze over the lump to drip some of the liquid from the wet wipe. Wait and then it came off. Helps greatly that my car has hyprophobic coating on it. Doesn't help that since making it all nice and shiney and putting that coating on, the regularity of bird poo dive bombs has increased dramatically
Furnate View Drop Down
GT86 Senior
GT86 Senior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Furnate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 8:36am
Originally posted by RIDDLER RIDDLER wrote:

That’s sounds great. But do they work if you get a really baked on lump of poo? The Autoglym ones apparently have a solution in them that dissolves it - I would be surprised if a baby wipe would do that.

They work exactly like the autoglym wipes (I used to have some of them). You'd be surprised what baby wipes will take off in fact! I think the main "solution" for dissolving bird poo is water.
Rich
Harry G View Drop Down
GT86 Expert
GT86 Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harry G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 8:45am
GeekOne of the solutions with bird muck and modern water based paint seems to be get it off the car pronto!  

Oh for the days of coach painters and proper paint but H & S must persistClap
They don't make 'em like they used to! Thank goodness
Moves With Clouds View Drop Down
GT86 Expert
GT86 Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moves With Clouds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2018 at 7:58pm
I cleaned the car and gave it a new coating(Autoglym) and the spot where the bird poo was has disappeared. That's a surprise. Washing hadn't helped but the damage clearly was only superficial.

Amount of scratches and other small damage has increased I see.
Just keep it pointed in the general direction you want to go
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic