FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Toyota GT 86 Owners Club and BRZ Owners Club. The Toyota GT 86 Forums and BRZ forums are free to join and use - please sign up and say hello!

Almost a new owner

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Couthie 88 View Drop Down
GT86 Newbie
GT86 Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Couthie 88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Almost a new owner
    Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 6:57am
I'm waiting for my new 2018 Toyota 86 GTS to arrive.......sometime in April, the dealer tells me.

I gather the car differs in details depending on where you buy it.
As an Australian car, the GTS seems to have BRZ extras....keyless entry, 2 sets of steering wheel controls, wing etc.

At any rate, I can't wait to get it.

Oh, and it's a manual of course.
Sponsored Links

EB2429 View Drop Down
GT86 Newbie
GT86 Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EB2429 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 8:27am

HI

Congrats on the new purchase, what colour did you go for?

Getting a new car is a very nice position to be in, but now the long 3 month wait,  at least you will be able to read every topic on the forum in that time!Thumbs Up

GT86 Newbie
GT86 Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Couthie 88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 8:42am
White Liquid.....are the names of the colours the same in other countries?
I wasn't going to get "white" but the dealer's personal 86 was this colour & when I saw it, that settled the deal.

I'm planning on reading every post here; perhaps twice. After decades of safe & boring family cars, it's going to be utter joy to get back into sports cars now that my youngest has left home.
Loisaida View Drop Down
GT86 Groupie
GT86 Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Loisaida Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 9:53am
Welcome!! Very exciting. New variation as well. Be very interested in your new gorgeous Liquid White. All the best
Loisaida View Drop Down
GT86 Groupie
GT86 Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Loisaida Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 9:56am
I have white pearl 2012. First generation.
GT86 Newbie
GT86 Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Couthie 88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 10:39am
From my "study" of the 86s on the internet, there seems to be lots of small changes from year to year (& you'd expect that) but also from country to country.

As the cars are all made in Japan, I think this odd. Not necessarily bad but odd.
Subota Boy View Drop Down
GT86 Expert
GT86 Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Subota Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 2:37pm
Welcome Don.  No point saying "enjoy your car" when it arrives, you already are!   Smile
Toyotas C-HR, IQ, and black GT86 modified with Cosworth exhaust, supercharger and map, Eibach Pro springs, OZ alloys, fast road geo, various cosmetics inc TRD spoiler and rear lights.
MattGT View Drop Down
GT86 Expert
GT86 Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattGT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 2:52pm
Originally posted by Couthie 88 Couthie 88 wrote:

From my "study" of the 86s on the internet, there seems to be lots of small changes from year to year (& you'd expect that) but also from country to country.

As the cars are all made in Japan, I think this odd. Not necessarily bad but odd.

I think as right handers we get the better end of the deal. Like you say keyless entry, fogs, spoiler, nice instruments etc. The Scions in the US really were poverty spec, they didn't even get a button to open the boot lid LOL

growlerkat View Drop Down
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote growlerkat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 4:23pm
Welcome to the club Couthie 88, that's a long time to wait BUT well worth it
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic