FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Toyota GT 86 Owners Club and BRZ Owners Club. The Toyota GT 86 Forums and BRZ forums are free to join and use - please sign up and say hello!

Ade’s Road and Track GT86

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Gavin_T View Drop Down
GT86 Senior
GT86 Senior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gavin_T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2017 at 11:01pm
Originally posted by Ade Ade wrote:

Originally posted by Gavin_T Gavin_T wrote:

Fantastic build and read. Had seen snippets before but alot easier now it's all condensed down

Just what I needed as I have come to a cross road with my gt86 road and occasional track car and am looking where to go with it.

Thanks Gavin . Few more mods to come in time but im pretty happy with the car now. Ohlins being my favourite modification so far I think.

Can't beat a decent suspension setup. Getting itchy feet about going FI at the mo. Especially as there is both a cosworth and sprintex for sale in the for sale section at the mo.....
Sponsored Links

Ade View Drop Down
GT86 Guru
GT86 Guru
(GT86Owner)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2017 at 2:59pm
Triggers Broom.

Time for new pads and discs. Discs are original AP racing 355x32mm and Pads I opted to try PFC Z rated after a few people had good results with them. 

The Cosworth streetmaster pads had seen better days but lasted okay. ~6 trackdays and probably enough for one more, which considering I was destroying a set of pads on 1 or 2 trackdays on stock brakes, I am happy with that. 

The grooves in the disc face were almost worn down.

Ive very happy with the results. Pedal is super firm and bite is very good from cold. The real test, however, will be the next trackday. 

Ade's Road and Track Car Thread
Cosworth - AP Racing - Ohlins - Hayward & Scott
Ade View Drop Down
GT86 Guru
GT86 Guru
(GT86Owner)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2017 at 3:05pm
Cosworth Sump Plate/Baffle

I picked up a Cosworth sump plate baffle in part box bank holiday discounts. Its very nice piece with baffle plates that stick up into the engine to help reduce breather oil pickup. It has a total of 10 trap doors to ensure oil can return quickly to the sump but being very soft and flexible they close fast and seal nicely to stop oil pouring away from the pickup on long high G corners.

The plan eventually to run slick tyres.

Here some picture of the install:

teejee View Drop Down
GT86 Newbie
GT86 Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teejee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2017 at 10:18am
Hi Ade,
I am planning to go the same route like you. Like your mods. I just ordered a stage two kit from Part Box, and will get it next thuesday.  My car is a RHD. My concern is the cooling pump and tank location. There is no place at the left side of the engine bay, due brake booster is there. The battery is on right side. Have you seen any pics or fitting instruction for RHD car? 
teejee View Drop Down
GT86 Newbie
GT86 Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teejee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2017 at 11:24am
I missed the side, mine is LHD. 
Ade View Drop Down
GT86 Guru
GT86 Guru
(GT86Owner)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2017 at 2:14pm
Hi the kit is universal. Fits either side. Have a look on the ft86club.com there is a Cosworth owner thread there too with pictures fitted to LHR cars.
teejee View Drop Down
GT86 Newbie
GT86 Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teejee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2017 at 5:28pm
Thanks Ade, will check there.
Matt@Cosworth View Drop Down
GT86 Groupie
GT86 Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt@Cosworth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2017 at 8:47pm
Hello

as Ade says the kit is universal, you build up the pump bracket in the opposite side and it fits on theopposite side on a LHD car, the hoses provided are over long for a LHD and just need a bit of trimming to suit
teejee View Drop Down
GT86 Newbie
GT86 Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teejee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2017 at 6:04pm
Thanks Matt.
Ade View Drop Down
GT86 Guru
GT86 Guru
(GT86Owner)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 9:44am
Small update. Ive added a 70mm H&S frontpipe with a small silencer in place of where the cat was in the stock item.

I also added a 65mm JDL ceramic coated overpipe which I dont have any pictures of. 

I had a hard time getting it all to seal properly with normal and even multilayer steel 2.5" gaskets so I opted for Remflex which seem to work.

Noise wise I think its about 3-4dB louder. Next track is in February so will see then what reading they give me. 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic