FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Toyota GT 86 Owners Club and BRZ Owners Club. The Toyota GT 86 Forums and BRZ forums are free to join and use - please sign up and say hello!

48Ah battery status log

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
milligoon View Drop Down
GT86 Newbie
GT86 Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote milligoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2018 at 11:25pm
Not quite a week since last driving it (I've had something burst in my knee which hasn't helped) left it alone and this is the current state of play, only thing of note is not been as cold the last two nights.

Sponsored Links

milligoon View Drop Down
GT86 Newbie
GT86 Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote milligoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2018 at 6:13pm
Decay appears to be slowing at the moment, a good chance it's related to the slightly warmer weather.

Zoomed into today

Very difficult leaving the car alone, I can tell you

Definitely better that when I first picked up, maybe the good charge and the battery jacket as well as the slightly warmer weather all has a knock on effect, I was expecting it to have gone seriously low by now.
milligoon View Drop Down
GT86 Newbie
GT86 Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote milligoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2018 at 11:19am
Probably overdue a charge any time soon. Came home from nightshift to frost on the car, which probably ties in with the latest small additional dip.

milligoon View Drop Down
GT86 Newbie
GT86 Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote milligoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2018 at 11:42am
Rightyho time for a little update.

As you can see without fiddling about (charging etc just driving and parking the car up) in the last week back and forth to work the charge state fluctuated around 85% then with this weekends drop in temperature it's taken a steady downwards direction.

Let's hope it warms up a bit
milligoon View Drop Down
GT86 Newbie
GT86 Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote milligoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2018 at 10:53pm
Time for a little update.

I have not charged it via my ctek charger since the 6th march.

And closer into the last week

The warmer weather definitely appears to be helping.

milligoon View Drop Down
GT86 Newbie
GT86 Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote milligoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2018 at 11:31am
Little update given the recent battery posts.

Since the start of its logged entries

and over the last few days.

Not like its been exactly cold of late. Even with the warm weather there is a steady decline in charge holding ability, bit of a nuisance but at least in my circumstances not catastrophic.
Tony H View Drop Down
GT86 Expert
GT86 Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2018 at 2:31pm
It's not allowed itself to be charged to 100% since the first couple of weeks use Confused 

Did you leave it parked for a week with the alarm armed to provoke that almost catastrophic drop to 30% in May?
milligoon View Drop Down
GT86 Newbie
GT86 Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote milligoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2018 at 8:49am
Yes I always leave it parked in the same condition.

The 100% charge was when I stuck the charger on it. The rest is just the car topping itself up from the alternator when I use it, especially if the app on the the phone warns me to charge now! As a red warning.

In general use it looks like you can't leave it much more than a week, so leaving at an airport carpark etc for a few weeks or more would definitely be very risky, I suppose you could leave another battery in the boot in that case.
BRZ View Drop Down
GT86 Senior
GT86 Senior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BRZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2018 at 9:57am
Originally posted by milligoon milligoon wrote:

Yes I always leave it parked in the same condition.

The 100% charge was when I stuck the charger on it. The rest is just the car topping itself up from the alternator when I use it, especially if the app on the the phone warns me to charge now! As a red warning.

In general use it looks like you can't leave it much more than a week, so leaving at an airport carpark etc for a few weeks or more would definitely be very risky, I suppose you could leave another battery in the boot in that case.
I have left the car for 3 weeks, untouched when on holiday and it has started back fine. It is still the panasonic battery but the Subaru 62Ah one not the 48 Ah Toyota. For the boot option, there are portable jump starter batteries the size of a mobile phone. Can carry them and use it to charge phone as well as jump start the car. Wink
Tony H View Drop Down
GT86 Expert
GT86 Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2018 at 9:58am
Milligoon::It'd be interesting to see how things worked out if you left it parked simply locked using the manual key (no alarm) for a week...What is the increased chance of the car being stolen ?  Minimal, I'd have thought. [Disclaimer...etc Smile]
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic